cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems on iPad after app update

Kab
Organizer

Is anyone else having problems with the app on iPad . It logs on ok but nothing works. Wish the coders would fully test before rollout. I have already tried everything, Be nice if we could roll back to the previous version. Also how is the new box working, with the old one you could fry an egg on it lol.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kab
Organizer

Looks like the new app is too much for the older iPad. All we could get to work is on demand and it took forever to start playing. I just installed it on a iPad Pro and everything works fine. Thanks for the help guys.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Kab 

What do you mean 'nothing works'? No video, no audio, no guide, no channels, just a black screen? If you can share more details, we might be able to troubleshoot.

As for the new TELUS TV Digital Box, there's an unsolicited review here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Pik-TV/Review-of-New-Telus-Digital-TV-box-for-Pik-TV/td-p/125627 

Everything looks like normal, but when you click on a show , nothing happens.

. Rebooted , logged in and out . Reinstalled, After a few minutes a message will come up and say Playback error - Sorry, an error was encountered. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit TELUS errors for more details.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Delete the app. Power off the iPad and power it back on ( NOT standby), re download the app. See if your issue persists. The old box wasn't that hot if it has proper air circulation.

Did all that

Kab
Organizer

Looks like the new app is too much for the older iPad. All we could get to work is on demand and it took forever to start playing. I just installed it on a iPad Pro and everything works fine. Thanks for the help guys.

I agree the app works on my iPhone 13 but stopped working on my iPads last Friday

I have tried everything but will not work.

It seems to be a waist of time calling support.

It is too bad as I used this app a lot on my iPad and I am not buying a new iPad for Telus