cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV with Apple TV 2 issues

Anna00
Neighbour

I am currently on hold with Telus tech support and I have a feeling the agent has transferred me into some non-existent queue. Ive been on the phone for 1.5 hours now and most of that has been sitting on hold. 

I am randomly getting the "max sessions for platform exceeded". I have tried all the suggestions I've found online. I have 2 Apple TV's and up until about a month or so I had never seen this error before. Now it will appear randomly  Is this an error that will be fixed soon?  I see from multiple threads that I am not the only person getting this error. 

I have tried a hard reset of the Apple TV, tried shutting down the second tv, tried closing the app and starting again, what else is there to try?  None of the other apps I use give me this error.

A second issue I'm having is that randomly the descriptive audio will not shut off. I have checked audio settings, including the "AD" icon on the screen and it still won't stop.  I'm losing my mind and I think I'm almost done with my Telus contract so I don't think I will renew the service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Anna00 and @Mom2Boys 

The Audio Description (AD) issue is a bug that our development team has fixed for the next app update (coming very soon!). If you don’t already have automatic updates turned on, you can do so from the Apple TV Settings (Apple TV home --> Settings --> Apps --> Automatically Update Apps --> On). This is recommended for Pik TV so that you are able to enjoy the latest version with the best functionality and bug fixes. If you don’t want all of your apps to update automatically, you can manually update your apps when a new version becomes available (Apple TV home --> Apps --> Purchased --> All Apps --> Pik TV --> Update). I will respond to this thread when the next Pik TV app update is available.

You should absolutely be able to stream on 2 devices at the same time, across mobile devices including iPads, Apple TVs, browsers and supported Android TV devices. I would recommend logging out of all instances of Pik TV across your devices to reset your login tokens – you should only need to do this once. You could also log out of the TV provider log in on Apple devices on the chance that the issue is on Apple’s end. To do this on Apple TV, go to the Apple TV home screen --> Settings --> Users and Accounts --> Apple TV Accounts --> TV Provider --> Allow TV Provider to Access --> Off. You may need to log back in to the Pik TV app with your My TELUS username and password the first time, but after this, your credentials should be maintained. Let me know if this resolves the issue!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mom2Boys
Just Moved In
I’m having the same issue. I’ve had Pik TV for 2 years and never an issue. I have since logged out of one Apple TV and only had 1 Apple TV logged in and one iPad. Still the same issue. Now it’s at least once a week. I log out of the iPad and I still get it. It needs to sit for 1+ hrs and then resolves itself. It’s a huge pain having to log out the iPad and force quit everything over and over and it still doesn’t solve.

I never stream more than one at a time even though it said you can. But just being logged in to two devices shouldn’t be a problem?!

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Anna00 and @Mom2Boys 

The Audio Description (AD) issue is a bug that our development team has fixed for the next app update (coming very soon!). If you don’t already have automatic updates turned on, you can do so from the Apple TV Settings (Apple TV home --> Settings --> Apps --> Automatically Update Apps --> On). This is recommended for Pik TV so that you are able to enjoy the latest version with the best functionality and bug fixes. If you don’t want all of your apps to update automatically, you can manually update your apps when a new version becomes available (Apple TV home --> Apps --> Purchased --> All Apps --> Pik TV --> Update). I will respond to this thread when the next Pik TV app update is available.

You should absolutely be able to stream on 2 devices at the same time, across mobile devices including iPads, Apple TVs, browsers and supported Android TV devices. I would recommend logging out of all instances of Pik TV across your devices to reset your login tokens – you should only need to do this once. You could also log out of the TV provider log in on Apple devices on the chance that the issue is on Apple’s end. To do this on Apple TV, go to the Apple TV home screen --> Settings --> Users and Accounts --> Apple TV Accounts --> TV Provider --> Allow TV Provider to Access --> Off. You may need to log back in to the Pik TV app with your My TELUS username and password the first time, but after this, your credentials should be maintained. Let me know if this resolves the issue!

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Anna00 and @Mom2Boys 

As promised - here is an update. There is a new version of the Pik TV app available now in the Apple TV App Store. The Audio Description defect should be resolved when you install the latest version.

How about the error of exceeded platforms?

Sent from my iPhone

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Anna00 

The maximum number of concurrent streams (2) isn't a function of the tvOS app for Pik TV, it's a function of Pik TV as a service, so an app update won't resolve any stream concurrency errors. Did you try all of the troubleshooting I outlined above and it didn't resolve your issue?

Yes I have done a hard restart of Apple TV box, shut down other tv that uses pik tv app, closed other apps and none of it seems to solve the issue. However as some else noticed it does eventually solve itself if I wait an hour or more.

Sent from my iPhone