cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV update - issues galore

Olegs
Neighbour

The latest (Apr 2022) update makes the Pik TV apps unworkable.

Playback errors, login issues (multiple failed attempts to login), device reboots required, losing frame rate.

I reinstalled the app several times but still the same.

I have multiple devices: iPad, Google TV, Apple TV. Only Apple TV is more or less functional - but still requires a reboot every day.

Before the update, it was a well functioning app, now it's a total disaster!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
I have been in contact with Telus who told me there is a known outage. Apparently they haven’t been able to fix it in the week since I called (cue eyeroll). However a tip I got from someone else is to download the Optik TV app and login with your info…it’s been working perfectly for me. Hopefully it works for you too!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hong
Organizer

The latest update broke the app on Apple TV. Guides are super sensitive, channels are buggy and not functional. Revert update please and test before releasing

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
I have been in contact with Telus who told me there is a known outage. Apparently they haven’t been able to fix it in the week since I called (cue eyeroll). However a tip I got from someone else is to download the Optik TV app and login with your info…it’s been working perfectly for me. Hopefully it works for you too!

Thank you, thank you!  Installing the Optik TV app worked!  This has been bugging for months.  Now I’m ready to watch my fall shows on the iPad. You are my rock star!

jimKnopf128
Organizer
Same here - Apple TV. we have to reset the app almost every time when in grid view. It seems lot of shows disappeared from on demand. Been on the phone with them for two hours. They decided to send a technician because they claimed it was a hardware issue. It is not, duh. Staff needs better training. I’m dreading calling again. But will have to. The software is totally buggy. Very disappointed.

canuckerfan
Organizer

This is a serious problem. I am also encountering all the issues OP mentioned. When's the ETA on a fix for these issues?

canuckerfan
Organizer

Just spoke to technical support and they said there should be an update with some fixes coming on May 15/16. Fingers crossed.

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for the update on that! That will be two weeks after the update that wrecked it all…I wonder if we’ll all get 50% off our bills this month.
(Obviously I’m not holding out hope, but it would be nice)

Olegs
Neighbour

Looks like they have fixed the apps on all my devices. Google TV and Apple TV were working fine yesterday. Today I reinstalled again the app on Ipad and it's finally working. Although there's still some frame rate loss - most likely due to the crappy iOS 15 on my older iPad (I regret updating it).

st22
Just Moved In

Is there an eta for this fix? it's still not working through Apple TV, or on my iPad and the only workaround that tech support has been able to suggest is using a laptop to watch tv. Not impressed that this has gone on for so long with no resolution in sight. 

jimKnopf128
Organizer

Same here. What I sent to TELUS this morning, requesting another service call:

this is about the PikTV app on Apple TV becoming almost unusable. I'm sure you are aware of it, but I wanted to register my complaint - we are paying for a very poor product at the moment. It seemed to have started after the most recent update (v2.0.1 build 159), which you promoted to apply.
The issue: I'm greeted by an error message every time I start the device / almost every time I have to re-login to my account / almost every time I have to adjust the settings which channels show in the grid-view / soon after, the grid freezes and I have to leave the app.
I spend about 2 hours with a representative trouble shooting on the phone. She ended up sending a technician, who was puzzled as to what to do on location.
I have a feeling this is a systemic issue and can not really be fixed on a per-client basis. I would like for you to acknowledge that there is an issue on your end and a commitment that this will be fixed in the near future.