Pik TV is now on Apple TV

Community Power User
Community Power User

@SantasLittleHelper

Each time it was just as a new show was starting on the same channel. It has happened about 30 minutes in, and an hour in. Both times I noticed was having watched the channel continuously without adjusting the remote for the period. I first thought it was because the specific show I was watching ended, but on retrying, it continued through to the next episode before dropping out, within a minute of the of the end of show 2.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Wader
Resident

I'm having the exact same problem. Apple TV just spins when logging in. Android box works no problem. iphone app won't let me login either, but on the phone I get LP1008 error

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wader The LP1008 error can be an account level issue but we won't be able to determine that in the community. This is something we've flagged to our dev team but in the interim, please connect with our technical support team by phone: 310-TECH (8324), 24/7

Trev_s
Friendly Neighbour

Is PikTV available on other android TV devices yet (Amazon Fire TV)?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Not currently, perhaps in the future. You’re welcome to suggest it in the ideas thread. So far it’s only been on the Android TV platform and Apple TV.

Boomer407
Friendly Neighbour
@SantasLittleHelper
I am experiencing the exact same problem as @NFtoBC. It crashes sometimes after 30 minutes and sometimes after an hour and I agree it happens at program change. Pik tv app goes to a black screen, can double click the tv button and reboot the PIk app
LilyMuRB
Resident
This is the exact same issue I am having with Pik myself. I just got the service today.
AaronY
Resident

Is it 100% confirmed that using the Pik TV app on Apple TV to watch live TV, will NOT count towards your data cap?

Community Power User
Community Power User

PikTV on the Apple TV works the same as PikTV device itself:

From The PikTV site:

Does watching Pik TV count towards my internet data allowance?

Because Pik TV is an IPTV service, watching live and On Demand TV through the Pik media box is separate from your internet service and will not count towards your data usage. At home, watching Pik TV live or VOD content with the Pik TV media box is included with your Pik TV subscription. However, use of apps – including Netflix – on the Pik TV media box will use your internet data. Away from home, data usage charges also may apply (emphasis mine).

NFtoBC
Jason_S
Resident

Can I use the Apple TV app on my Shaw internet? We have Shaw at our lake property. It is in the same province as our home. I would switch to Telus but Shaw is faster right now at the lake.

Community Power User
Community Power User

You need the most recent Apple TV device to access the PikTV App for Apple TV.

NFtoBC
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Jason_S As long as you have TELUS HSIA at your home (same address as the one you subscribed to with Pik TV) you should be good to go, but you'll only receive content that is available out of home. 

Patthe
Neighbour
Is there a plan for Telus to remap the play/pause button to guide?

That one downfall I notice. Since there is no guide button on menu.
Patthe
Neighbour
Add-on to my last
Voice on the Apple tv goes to the Apple store.

Should also be able to search on TV programmations.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@AaronY I hope someone answered your question before I did, but it does not count against your Internet usage as long as you're at home on your TELUS HSIA network. 

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Patthe thanks for the feedback - we're working hard to implement some changes to the app including some of the ones suggested. At the moment, if you use Voice in the Search section of the Pik TV menu on tvOS then it will return Pik TV results. Using Voice anywhere else in the app does currently bring up Apple's results, but we're working to address this. 

Nivende2
Connector

I am having a problem where I get a black screen with my Apple TV PIK set up after about an hour and  a bit  Perhaps I need to adjust the sound periodically.  I adjusted the go to sleep and did a hard reboot  as well as reinstalling PIK . I hope there  is a solution. I much prefer using the ATV over the Android box.  This problem seems to be only when I use PIK on Apple TV.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nivende2

Does this happen as a show changes at the hour or half hour? If so, it is a known issue.

NFtoBC
Nivende2
Connector

No I do not think the black screen happens on program changes - more like time about an hour 20 minutes.  I watched a movie with no interruptions though. This problem is fairly new to me.  If this is a known problem is there a known solution.  Today I reset to factory the ATV and reinstalled PIK just to see.  I would hate to go back to the Android box as it had other annoying issues. 

Nivende2
Connector

I factory reset my ATV and it did help  but today the black screen came on again.  Usually happens on HGTV in the middle of a program . Very annoying for my wife.  Has anyone connected a ATV 4K to their modem via coaxial to ethernet adaptors at both ends ?