Pik TV is now on Apple TV

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

This is awesome! great milestone. Is there a timeline for being able to cast PikTV from our phones?

Community Power User
Community Power User
To my knowledge there isn’t any provider in Canada that allows live tv casting.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
brownknuckles
Connector
On the new pure fibre plans page Telus has an Ad which suggests trying Pik TV. The image they use clearly has the casting symbol which is very misleading. You have more clout here so maybe bring it up to someone. I can pm a pic of it.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@brownknuckles yes please can you send me a screenshot and I'll raise this with the right people to have this corrected. I agree this would be misleading if you were trying to cast/Airplay content as that is not supported at this time. Thanks for the flag!

Nivende2
Advocate

How do we receive messages from Santa'slittlehelper  , I was to get one.  Thanks

rcrh
Connector

What version of Apple TV with PikTV run on?  Only the current 4k version?  Non-4k 4th gen?  3rd gen?

Thanks.

Community Power User
Community Power User
It will only run on Apple TV 4K and 4th generation only.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Mmcshannock
Resident
Hello! Can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere! But does Pik TV use data when watched on an Apple TV? And what about on a laptop while at home using my TELUS internet
TIA
Nivende2
Advocate
PIK is a IPTV encrypted signal through a private network. Netflix is through the public internet. No , PIK does not use
your data but Netflix does.

The Apple TV does not change the nature of the signal. The-set box decodes the signal.

Sent from my iPhone
BeefPorkChicken
Connector

How much data would it consume if its not connected to your telus home internet?

Community Power User
Community Power User

It depends on the picture quality of the video you are streaming. Telus does not publish the info, but for comparison, Netflix streams at approximately the following rates:

ResolutionStreaming BitrateHourly Conversion
480p (720×480)1750 kbps~792 MB per hour
720p (1280×720)3000 kbps~1.3 GB per hour
1080p (1920×1080)4300-5800 kbps~1.9 GB to ~2.55 GB per hour
1440p (2560×1440)6350 kbps~2.8 GB per hour
4K (3840×2160)8000-16000 kbps~3.5 GB to ~7 GB per hour
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
JoJo_Alta
Resident

How do you control Close Captioning for Pik app installed on an Apple TV.   Easy to  do on a Pik TV remote but I cannot turn off CC on the Pik app running on my Apple TV ?

Mr_Breezy
Resident
Swipe down on the remote. Below the title and time bar you will see 3 icons (i) on the right and (cc) and (ad) on the left. Swipe over to (cc) and click

Further if you swipe down again while on live tv you will see the quick access bar. Swipe left right to quickly access other channels.