cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV does not show any video.

Colman
Friendly Neighbour

Hello Pik TV support,

I am using Google Chrome version 92 and Microsoft Edge version 92. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro version 21H1. When I tried to watch Pik TV on the Google Chrome browser and Microsoft Edge browser, I only hear audio but no video is displayed. When I checked the minimum requirements for Pik TV, HTML5 is required. How do I install HTML 5?

My computer does not have a real videocard. It is using the Intel 630 UHD chipset built in the Intel i7 10700 cpu to draw the graphics. Could this be the reason why there is no video displayed? How do I fix the no video problem in Pik TV?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure you have the latest windows updates. As well as video drivers.

If you have any antivirus software disable it. Test of it then works. If they fails uninstall and reinstall the browsers.

Since it works on a totally different computer, the issue is with the other computer itself.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am not having any issues watching Pik TV on Chrome or Edge 92. HTML5 isn't an app you can install. It's the language that websites are built from and Chrome has supported it for years.

The Intel UHD 630 is a standard graphics chipset. Many laptops and some desktops use it so it isn't a problem. It's low powered but Pik works fine on it.

Do you have any browser plug-ins installed that may be blocking content? 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Colman
Friendly Neighbour
Hello Nighthawk,

I am not using any browser extensions in Google Chrome but my monitor is a Samsung 4K UHD monitor. Could this cause Pik TV not to show any video?

Does the Pik TV app know I am using a Samsung 4K UHD monitor?

Thank you for your help.

Coleman

Colman
Friendly Neighbour
Dear Nighthawk,

I connected a old computer with an AMD 7700 series graphics card to the Samsung 4k monitor and was able to see the Pik TV video.

What do you think is blocking the Pik TV video?

Coleman

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Colman  Additionally I am able to view the Pik TV website video stream on my laptop which has an i5 5350U and Intel HD Graphics 6000. That's 5 generations older than your current hardware. There has to be something that's blocking the video feed on your newer computer. It's hard to say specifically what is causing the issue.  As @WestCoasterBC mentioned, antivirus could be part of it. Firewall possibly. 

Have you tried incognito mode on Chrome to see if it makes a difference?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Colman
Friendly Neighbour
Hello Nighthawk,

I uninstalled Webroot antimalware complelely, then uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

When I put the mouse cursor arrow on the taskbar showing the small Pik TV window, the full size Pik TV window shows the video. But as soon as I removed the mouse cursor arrow from the small PikTV window on the taskbar, the full size PikTV window stopped showing the video feed. The full size PikTV window became completely black and the video feed disappeared.

When I reinstalled Webroot antimalware, the same result in the second parargraph above happened. The video feed does not depend on whether the antimalware is installed or not and does not depend on uninstalling and reinstalling the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.

I have not tried incognito mode.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure you have the latest windows updates. As well as video drivers.

If you have any antivirus software disable it. Test of it then works. If they fails uninstall and reinstall the browsers.

Since it works on a totally different computer, the issue is with the other computer itself.