Pik TV constantly buffering/loading.

pikkytv
Neighbour

As of last Thursday Nov 5th Pik TV is constantly buffering/loading/freezing. Any suggestions how to fix this most annoying of problems?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

On what device are you experiencing this?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
pikkytv
Neighbour

A Samsung Smart TV with a Telus media/Pik tv box.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can check the Wi-Fi strength in settings.

Have you the opportunity to test it when hardwired to your router with an Ethernet cable?

You can try resetting the device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
pikkytv
Neighbour

Wifi strength is fair to high;

unable to hardwire, wifi only;

reset didn't work.

We have used pik tv in the wifi only configuration for the last three years with no significant problems. It is only in the last few days that it has been freezing/loading/buffering.

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

One thing that has worked for others in the past is to turn off the Wi-Fi in the Android TV settings (Settings --> Network & Internet) first and then reboot (Settings --> Device Preferences --> Reboot).

JustinZ
Just Moved In

I am having this same issue on all my devices. On my AppleTV's that are direct to ethernet, my PIK Box which is direct to Ethernet and even when I am at a friends house connecting to Telus WiFi. Something is wrong on the Telus side I am thinking.  Its nice that the Audio sticks around, so you can use your imagination to fill in the blanks, but its getting old pretty fast. 

Redeye
Just Moved In
I am having same problem with both tv’s with Apple TV box’s, but when I go to Netflix or crave it’s fine, so it tells me it’s got to do with just Pik tv service