cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV app on Apple TV timing out - multiple errors

mannsmk2022
Organizer

I've had Pik TV app on Apple TV for a few months. it frequently times out, need to reset, wait an hour or so and reboot. The past week, it happens daily. now resets and reboots, sign-outs, don't work. Strangely, now it is related to whether my MacBook is turned on or not. I've tested this over and over. If my MacBook is on, then the Pik TV app will boot and work fine - if my MacBook goes to sleep, the stream stops. If i bring my MacBook awake, the stream immediately restarts.  

Please help, I've lost faith in the Pik TV apple TV app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Mac book will have no bearing on the PikTV app on Apple TV. It’s a strange coincidence it seems like it is.  How is the Apple TV connected? Wi-Fi or Ethernet connected? Have you tried testing wireless vs hard wired? Have you deleted the PikTV app reinstalled and rebooted the apples tv?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Mac book will have no bearing on the PikTV app on Apple TV. It’s a strange coincidence it seems like it is.  How is the Apple TV connected? Wi-Fi or Ethernet connected? Have you tried testing wireless vs hard wired? Have you deleted the PikTV app reinstalled and rebooted the apples tv?

connected via wifi, have not tested via hard-wired - difficult to do in my current setup. 

deleted Pik Tv app, reinstalled, rebooted apple tv - multiple times. nothing. 

only thing that works is to have my MacBook on. Doesn't make sense, I know, but that is the only way i get the pik TV app to work on my apple tv. 

I would factory reset the Apple TV. As it makes no sense the MacBook would make the app work. 

Have reset multiple times. No change. Times out multiple times every day. Very annoying

If the issues still persist, we'd recommend reaching out to our tech support team at 1-888-811-2323.

PIK TV issues persist. How about improving the PIK TV service? or you can reach out to me - I've spent hours on hold trying to get in touch with TELUS

This was not a real solution. Problems have persisted.