cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV App Upgrade

kls0422
Organizer

I installed the pik tv app upgrade on my Apple TV and iPad on Thursday and have been unable to log in. I am getting “Log in failed. Sorry an error has occurred. Please try again later.” I’ve been on a call with Telus for 40 minutes tonight so far trying to resolve this. Has anyone had any luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @emmy86 

We have made some updates to our back-end systems and based on what you describe, it looks like your account wasn't created properly. In order to resolve this, you'll need to get in touch with a TELUS agent directly. If the telephone wait times are high, I'd recommend using the chat function at the bottom right hand corner of telus.com/tvsupport or reaching out to our social media team on twitter.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try navigating to settings> tv provider and then sign out. Uninstall the app. Re download the app and try signing in. 

Yes this was suggested on my call last night but I had already tried this various times. It has not resolved the issue.

emmy86
Neighbour

This is happening to me too. So frustrating!! Done literally everything I can think of, including resetting my password. Works fine on iPad etc.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @emmy86 

We have made some updates to our back-end systems and based on what you describe, it looks like your account wasn't created properly. In order to resolve this, you'll need to get in touch with a TELUS agent directly. If the telephone wait times are high, I'd recommend using the chat function at the bottom right hand corner of telus.com/tvsupport or reaching out to our social media team on twitter.

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
This is also happening to me, and I have also uninstalled, etc. still works fine on iPad, iPhone, etc. so frustrating to be paying for something I can’t use properly 😩

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
The same thing is happening to me on my Apple TV only…still fine on iPhone, iPad, etc. so frustrating!

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @krooney 

We have made some updates to our back-end systems and based on what you describe, it looks like your account wasn't created properly. The apps are updated based on Apple and Google's own schedules, so your Apple TV may have been updated already and your iPhone and iPad will be updated in the next day or so (and your credentials may not work here either). In order to resolve this, you'll need to get in touch with a TELUS agent directly. If the telephone wait times are high, I'd recommend using the chat function at the bottom right hand corner of telus.com/tvsupport or reaching out to our social media team on twitter.

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for your reply! I did call and it was escalated, so hopefully this won’t go on for too long, as it’s very frustrating to not have access a to a paid service. I just looked and my iPhone app had not been updated, so I did it and now like you said, I have the same issue.

kls0422
Organizer
Try downloading the Optic Tv app and signing in through there. Not sure why I thought to try it, but after so many failed attempts with the Pik Tv app and an hour long call with a Telus associate that went nowhere, I was desperate and it worked.

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
Okay that makes no sense, but it worked on all devices lol. Come to think of it, when you go to their own browser link for “watchpiktv” it directs you to the OptikTV app, which I though was odd. Anyway, thank you!

Omg THANK YOU. This works for some reason!! Have called TELUS twice in the last two weeks and been told eventually it will get fixed both times which is frustrating. Sooooo grateful for this workaround!