PBS on PIK?

jrueger
Ambassador

Are there any PBS channels available on PIK TV?  I can't find any listed in the promo material and lack of PBS would be a deal breaker for me ... thanks.

PBA
Coach
No US channels are currently available on Pik.

Yeah, I wish I could get them too.
Wenugo
Resident

Lots of US channels but none of the main networks.

Most Helpful

Hi @jrueger,

Confirming what was said above, PBS is not currently available on Pik. It is available on Optik TV though, so if you need to have that channel, you could look into Optik packages.

The channel availability for Pik TV can be viewed online at telus.com/piktv.

Additionally if you would like to see specific channels added to our Pik TV service, the telus.com/ideas submission board is a great place to start. Smiley Happy

jrueger
Ambassador

Thanks for the confirmation.  I already have OptikTV but am looking to reduce my monthly costs since Telus insists on raising the price of my internet $10 a month next month.  Psychologically $90 per month (at full price) for 300/300 fibre is OK but $100 per month for the same service is not.  And so I am reducing the cost of my other Telus services - reduced my OptikTV to the minimum to get PBS and changed from Home Phone to wireless Home Phone ($25 per month less for what is essentially the same service except delivered over the cellular network).  In the end Telus will get less per month from me all because they chose to raise internet costs by $10 per month.