No On demand content with PikTV?

Highlighted
EdmontonGuy22
Neighbour
So apparently subscriptions to premium channels like HBO, Sportsnet/TSN through PikTV does NOT allow the user to access any content outside of the PikTV App such as on demand services like HBOGO, SN-NOW, TSN GO. Attempting to access this content (being an actual paying customer) has resulted in authentication issues using PikTV account info. Every website contains a link to a tv provider to sign in with, however the TELUS link leads you to the Optik TV login page in which your PikTV information is not accepted
This is absolutely perplexing to me as accessing on demand content is literally the sole reason Many people subscription to these channels. Why would anyone pay to subscribe to Crave/HBO package through PikTV for $20/month - which would only get you the restricted ability to watch those channels tv through PikTV app, when someone can access the entire on demand library, extra special content, including what is on live tv channels all for LESS through a subscription with Crave directly! - for $19.38/month. Of course one could do that easily.
My real issue though is that there are other channels such as TSN and SN that only allow current TV subscribers to access their online content, without the ability to purchase access at a reasonable cost indepentantly. For example SN NOW costs $20/mth alone.

SO if I wanted to unlock all the features I would have to purchase the premium sports package for $14/mth and buy subscriptions to SNNOW and TSNGO in addition which is like multiple times for the same content just to be able to access it on different devices! An optik tv customer can purchase the same sports package for the same price which gives them access to online content.

This is a major flaw and any customer remotely knowledgeable should realize that PikTV channels cost the same as anywhere else but provide significantly less content, and with poorer quality video. Honestly, one could watch any HBO show or live sports matches by accessing a ‘free online stream’ -all at better quality, with less hassle.