cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious Charge on PikTV (On Demand)

JoseQ
Just Moved In

Just saw a $25 charge on my bill. According to the account page and the help desk girl, someone watched a movie called Ambulance on May 26th. They reverted the charge but still:

-The cost of renting that movie was $25. I've never used the On Demand section but just browsing today I see the most expensive movie is $7. C'mon, $25 for a movie?????????
-The movie in question is not longer available

-There are only two people in my house. We were together most of the day that day. No one else has access to the home.

-Did I say it was $25 for "renting" a movie?

-After talking to help desk, they told me there is no way to set up a pin for PikTV is it is a streaming device (so what?)

So, just a heads up in case someone has a similar experience. Keep an eye on those bills!

1 REPLY 1

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

With the Covid-19 pandemic, a lot of movie studios went 'straight to video' and started releasing movies directly to On Demand providers without having a theatrical release. Some people don't want to wait and are willing to pay $25 or $30. You'll see these movies tagged in the On Demand menu as 'Early Home Premieres' and a number are currently available (Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore for $25 is an example) A quick google search shows that Ambulance is available to rent from a variety of places for $24.99 (YouTube, Prime Video, Google Play Movies, Apple TV...)

While Pik TV doesn't have purchase or parental PINs, you can ask an agent to have all paid On Demand rentals blocked on your account.

Have you ever shared your account details or password with anyone? Have you reset your My TELUS password to secure your account?