cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorites

popperoni
Organizer

After Pik TV updated on nvidia shield, all our on demand Favorites and the history of episodes we have watched have disappeared but are still there on older app still on telus pik tv box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni @JeffBC 

As part of the app updates, which included back-end system updates, there were a few app settings that could not be synchronized between the old app and new app - these include favourites & bookmarks (continue watching, resume, viewing history etc.). We recognize that this is not an ideal experience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. The upgrades were required to enable future app features.

You should still be able to pause and resume On Demand programming. What show are you experiencing this on? Is the issue across all On Demand episodes, or just one?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

popperoni
Organizer
In addition to loosing all favorites, when watching an on demand show with shield tv we can't pause or stop the video!

JeffBC
Friendly Neighbour
Also lost all my favorites and viewing progress with the update, on AppleTV. Super annoying. No excuse for bad updates wiping data like this.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni @JeffBC 

As part of the app updates, which included back-end system updates, there were a few app settings that could not be synchronized between the old app and new app - these include favourites & bookmarks (continue watching, resume, viewing history etc.). We recognize that this is not an ideal experience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. The upgrades were required to enable future app features.

You should still be able to pause and resume On Demand programming. What show are you experiencing this on? Is the issue across all On Demand episodes, or just one?

That is very disappointing.

As for pausing etc on demand is any show can't play/pause its either let it run to completion or back out/exit playback.

Also when on 'Home' - On Now lists every channel known instead of just subscribed channels. (Yes My Settings Are For Subscribed Channels Only In Sort)
Live TV Surf Zone is useless as all just launch the regular guide. All categories below are channels we don't get so also pointless.
And No Idea Why CTV News channel has been removed!

Update: Found double clicking select button on nvidia remote will pause (play/pause button does not function now with on demand)
Not only is it extremely disappointing the techs couldn't figure out how to incorporate user data base correctly but the on demand now for many programs gives a series description for many episodes making it impossible to figure out which episodes they have seen since that record was left out. Also many programs no longer have ANY episodes listed!

Favorited programs no longer list episode’s on my invisible shield. You have to search them in on demand to get a complete list. This also happens in resume for the next episode. In favourites the program no longer lists of you have watched any episode’s. The application was supposed to be fast but no it takes three times longer to find a program. Your QA people should all be fired as this update is a huge failure.

Not having favorites and a history of your shows is probably the only good thing about it the app!
Serious thinking about getting rid of my service!

This is in NO WAY an accepted solution!

When I add favorites, no episodes show up. The only way to get episodes is to search for each show individually which is really time consuming and frustrating. Will this be fixed?

A heads up would have been nice. This way I could have made a list prior to updating. Seems like something that should have been avoidable in this point in technology…

Eastcoastdi
Just Moved In
This makes this update the worst!

popperoni
Organizer
I am sure as they work to rewrite this huge mistake of an update they will be crediting everyone!
*Eye Roll*

popperoni
Organizer
With regards to favorite series not have any episodes, if instead of clicking on them in favorite section you search for the series and click on it in search. SURPRISE there is episodes listed that way. Though deleting them from favorites then adding again from search findings does NOT give you any episodes still through favorites!

RoryH
Neighbour
Removing favourites and readding them does not correct the issue of episodes not appearing
The app is still broken