Error code 4-44-2036

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I am staying away from my home for awhile and while away I’d like to access Telus tv. I want to go from my iPad to tv using a HDMI connector. Every time I try to watch something this way, I get an error code 4-44-2036 saying recording is not available on this device. I’m not trying to record,just trying to watch

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The warning may be poorly worded, but Casting from a tablet or phone, OR by connected cable to a TV is not supported on the mobile PIkTV applications. You can only watch them on the device. If you take the PikTV device with you, you can watch a subset of the programming available to you when connected at home, while connected to another network. It will consume data from their data allowance, though.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident
Is this going to be fixed or should I look for anther service
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
There is nothing to fix on Telus side. It’s up to the channel owners to allow casting. Which in Canada pretty much all are reluctant to do.

Switching a service provider won’t help either.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.