cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login in on the browser version of Pik TV

lzrvancity
Just Moved In

The Browser version will not let me login in. Sometimes it leads me to the log in page, but after typing in all the info and click login in, it leads me right back to homepage. Tried using both Safari and Chrome,  and it is not working on either browser. I have also tried logging in onto my Telus and find the link to Pik TV there and the same issue appeared. Would not let me login in, therefore can't watch any shows or live TV. Need help ASAP Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @lzrvancity 

Do you have 3rd party cookies enabled? You should have seen a pop-up to enable cookies the first time logging into the new browser - please note that cookies are off by default when using Chrome Incognito mode or Safari Private Browsing.

If your My TELUS username and password aren't working to access My TELUS (www.telus.com/mytelus), then you may need to reset your username or password.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @lzrvancity I was able to find this link to help you troubleshoot for when having issues to login to Pik TV.  Hope this helps you solve your issue.  https://www.telus.com/en/tv/pik?linktype=ge-mobilenav 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @lzrvancity 

Do you have 3rd party cookies enabled? You should have seen a pop-up to enable cookies the first time logging into the new browser - please note that cookies are off by default when using Chrome Incognito mode or Safari Private Browsing.

If your My TELUS username and password aren't working to access My TELUS (www.telus.com/mytelus), then you may need to reset your username or password.

Same problem. Can not login to Pik TV even with 3rd party cookies enabled on several browsers all up to date. The Optiktv login does not work either.

Whats up?

Scoots
Organizer
Having the same issue. Can't login on Chrome, Apple tv, or my android phone. When in the chrome browser it just kicks back to the main page and acts like I never entered any login info and my Apple tv just gives me "login error" over and over again. My android phone just says login failed 404-3055. All my login info is correct I can log-in to all my other services no problem, it's just pik tv having issues. Might be time to cancel since I can't get through to anyone at Telus to fix it.

Scoots
Organizer
So on a whim I decided to try the outlandish idea of downloading the Optik TV app on my Apple TV just to see if it would accept my login info, and guess what? It accepted my credentials and let me watch all of my pik tv content through the Optik app (which looks exactly the same as the Pik interface). Tested this out on my phone and laptop and it also works. Pik was working fine until this past Sunday, and I don't think there were any recent updates rolled out so I don't get why it couldn't handle a login request all of a sudden. It's super weird that I can log-in through Optik and get my all of my Pik content, but at least there's a work around for my login issue for now.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Scoots 

This workaround may work for a short amount of time, but the Optik TV apps will be undergoing similar updates in a few weeks, exact date still to be announced, and the workaround won't work after that.

Based on what you describe, it looks like your account wasn't created properly to access the new versions of the Pik TV app. In order to resolve this, you'll need to get in touch with a TELUS agent directly. If the telephone wait times are high (there's a contact us link at the bottom of this page), I'd recommend using the chat function at the bottom right hand corner of telus.com/tvsupport or reaching out to our social media team on twitter. 

Unfortunately I don't have the time to wait on hold or to wait around for a call back. I don't have Twitter so that is of no help and the "chat" option just brought up a virtual assistant who was also no help. I work long hours and don't want to spend my downtime trying to contact Telus over and over again to fix this. Seems like yet another reason to instead just cancel Pik tv and maybe move on from Telus. But even to do something as simple as cancelling a service I'll have to wait on hold for an hour anyways. Can't seem to win here.

Finally got through to support, and they said that this is a known issue that they are working on, and that the work around until they can fix it is to use the Optik login instead. No issues with my account or my login credentials that they could find. So the workaround hopefully won't stop working before they get the Pik issue sorted out.

Jp420
Just Moved In

Use onthego.telus.com as a workaround - Support say it's a known issue they are working on.

Craw
Just Moved In

Not sure if this would help but I am on ChromeOS and using the Chrome browser and it kept coming up indicating that I had to allow third party cookies in order for the TV app to work. When I checked I had set to allow all cookies so I was a a bit confused. I went into the security setting and explictly set it to work with this site.

Customised behaviours

Sites that can always use cookies

Add

After I did this I no longer had the warning and it worked fine. No idea why the allow all cookies would not do this but by explictly adding this it worked fine. 

Hope this is of help