Broken Apple version of Pik tv app

Highlighted
Resident
Since the update I have not had a better experience. In fact the pik tv app is unwatchable. It pauses, freezes. Then fast forwards itself. The best part is this is only happening on apple tv box I got from Telus. And the pik tv app. All other apps (Amazon Video, Disney+, Apple TV, and Netflix) all work fine. Spent the last 2 mornings uninstalling and the reinstalling the app. Super frustrating. And no support. Short of "uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it all the time."
That's not support... And it doesn't work....
Some help in finding a resolution would be great!
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

PiktTv on my AppleTV runs as smooh as butter. Using the latest release and using a wifi connection. Have you done an uninstall, restart the Apple TV then install the app?

Are you using a hard wired or wireless connection. 

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @AbBowhunter 

I think this is related to a bug with Apple's Zero Sign On. The workaround right now, if prompted for your TV provider during the reset/install process, select ‘Do not allow’. 

If your Apple TV is already set up and you're having trouble with the Pik TV app, go to the Apple TV Home Screen, then navigate to Settings -> Users and Accounts -> Apple TV Accounts -> TV Provider -> Sign Out