cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV app is broken, pauses then fast forwards

kenaxcix
Friendly Neighbour
I’ve been trying to use my Apple TV to watch Live Sports and other programs when I am away from home. It has always worked great for me until around December or so. We have Optik TV at home but I am able to log onto either the PikTv app or Optik app when I’m on the go. What happenes is when watching TV, the video pauses but the audio keeps going, for quite a long time sometimes, and then the video fast forwards at high speeds to catch up to the audio. It can happen multiple times a minute. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, force closing, and even resetting the Apple TV to factory. It continues to happen and makes everything unwatchable. I would love to get some help with this or the devs to get an update out there to fix this.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You shouldn’t have access to both PikTV and Optik TV. Have you tried using either the Optik App, or the WatchOptik URL in a computer browser?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You shouldn’t have access to both PikTV and Optik TV. Have you tried using either the Optik App, or the WatchOptik URL in a computer browser?

NFtoBC

kenaxcix
Friendly Neighbour
I’ve tried both apps and I am able log into and watch programming on both of them on my Apple TV. Same thing on my phone, I have access to both. I’ve tried it on my phone and it does work, but it’s not great trying to cast from my phone to the TV as the resolution takes a hit.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

In many instances, casting is prohibited by the copyright holder, so YMMV.

NFtoBC

kenaxcix
Friendly Neighbour
Yea it usually doesn’t work great, but my issues is with the Apple TV apps. I’ve seen some others that had this same issue from months ago and it doesn’t look like it’s been fixed yet.