cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android UI?

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Most of the discussion is on the Pik TV app.  Does Telus also control the Android UI?

• lots of steps to get to "Force Stop"
  • can we reverse the order active apps are displayed.  I find I need to scroll several screens to find the Pik TV app to close it.
  • as mentioned earlier, connecting to a hidden SSID is difficult with the phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

melissaj
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@xl no TELUS does not control Android's UI.  The active apps are in alphabetical order but if you hold down the right arrow on your remote it moves really quick (should take a second or two to get to Pik TV).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

melissaj
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@xl no TELUS does not control Android's UI.  The active apps are in alphabetical order but if you hold down the right arrow on your remote it moves really quick (should take a second or two to get to Pik TV).

Thoughts....

• personally I'm always closing my phone and tablet Android apps.  This free's up memory and keeps the hardware running as fast as possible.
  • thinking about my Android devices.... they all have easy access to the active application lists and one button to close them all.  This may be handy for Telus support to shut down all apps without a restart.
  • While the box is designed for PikTV..... the ability to download other Android apps can mean instability.  Quickly being able to close all apps will be idea.
  • What's the quickest way to close all the apps?  Power Off does not appear to close the apps.

melissaj
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@xl as far as I'm aware Android TV boxes don't have a "close all apps" option.  You unfortunately have to close them one at a time from the Apps option within settings.

It should also be noted that on modern Android devices, closing apps is really a cosmetic exercise. Although the "recent apps" menu may show dozens of apps "open" not all of them are in fact open and using resources. The devices automatically free up memory as needed, and are actually quite good at managing these resources.