$25 charge to change channel selection

Highlighted
Bb1
Connector

Hello,

Is there really a $25 charge for swapping one channel for another with PikTV subscription?

In My TELUS I've unselected TLC and selected History. After confirming I've received this email:

Order confirmation number: XXXXX

Transaction date and time: October 09, 2018 00:00 PM MDT

Type of change made: Channel Subscription Change

Order details:

History$4.00
TLC-$4.00
Change in TV monthly programming costs:
$25.00

Is this $25 "change cost" normal? The Telus support article about changing channels in subscription doesn't say anything about this extra cost.

Thanks!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Was this done within a month of a previous change, or creation of the account? There are frequently additional charges for making changes in short order after another change.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Bb1
Connector

No. I've had PikTV for a year with the same set of channels from day 1.

Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User

I was unaware of such a fee and agree that the documentation provided. by Telus does not clearly indicate one would be charged. Since I expect you will be doing more research on the issue, please share what you learn!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
HouseCat
Connector

I just changed channels in August online. I was never charged a fee for the swap on my September bill. Ive also never heard of any charge for channel changes, nor did one display in the online order shopping cart.

I took a look at the automated email I received after the change, and it says the same thing your message did! ( I never even noticed it)

Transaction date and time: August 01, 2018

Type of change made: Channel Subscription Change

Order details:

H2$4.00
BBC Earth$4.00
Space-$4.00
A&E-$4.00
Change in TV monthly programming costs:
$25.00

The only rule on it I found around channel changes is located here: https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/switch-pik-tv-channel-subscriptions  It just says when you change channels you are locked into the selection for 30 days. So, probably nothing to worry about at least.