cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording series

BobbyGee
Friendly Neighbour

I tried setting up recording "Blue Jays in 30" as a series,  but nothing gets recorded. I can record it as an episode, but not as a series. Why is that?

6 REPLIES 6

xray
Hero

BJ in 30 is not on at regular time or even on the same channels from day to day. That's a tricky one to set up.

Go to series recording and set up

• Time: Any day, anytime
  • Save: 2 latest recordings 

You will need to do this for a few channels that BJ in 30 might be on (911, 912, 921, etc). Even then it may miss some episodes. The reason is that it gets bumped all the time due to other sporting events, especially during playoffs etc.

BobbyGee
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks. I will try that when I get back after Easter 

BobbyGee
Friendly Neighbour

I tried again setting up to record bj in 30 as a series. Set Amy day, any time, first run, save till space needed.  Set record. The red record indicator did not show up in the guide. Went to PVR, Series, and it said 0 recorded, 0 scheduled. Set up same channel bj in 30 as episode, and the record indicator showed in the guide. So, for some reason, cannot even record 1 instance as a series.

It's working for me

IMG_20220420_012613.jpg

BobbyGee
Friendly Neighbour

Tried again, changed to 1st run and rerun, and save 2 latest recordings, and the record indicator showed up in the guide, Thanks for the solution.

xray
Hero

The problem with many sports and news programs is that the original air date is usually (very) wrong. You need to specify rerun otherwise they won't be scheduled to series record.