cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What IR works with the Telus 4k Cable box?

BrendaLSmith
Neighbour

We recently bought a 75" TV, and the cable box can be mounted behind it but the cable remote won't work, as the signal won't bounce off the wall or ceilings as the tv is so big.

What IR can I install that works with a Telus 4k box, model # UIW4001 ?

Thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IslandGuy
Coach

This works with the 4k pvr and every optk box iv'e tried it on.. stereo extension cables for receiver.. mono for transmitter

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you use the search query on that topic. There  are several posts that can lead you in the right direction. I believe there are a few that posted what worked for them.

I couldn't find a specific IR. Can you recommend one?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe the box supports Bluetooth. I can't confirm as I have a different STB.

More info here:

DS_UIW4001.indd (go2mhz.com)

Might be worth a try.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

It does support Bluetooth, but I need an IR....can you recommend one that is compatible?

IR requires 'line of sight' so you will need to put the box somewhere that is unobstructed for this to work.

Normally there is a few inch gap for the TV stand that should be sufficient to get the IR signal to the box.

Using a different IR remote is unlikely to make any difference. Bluetooth doesn't have the 'line of sight' requirement.

Sorry....I should have said an IR 'EYE'...I need to buy an infrare red 'eye' that attaches to the box, and has an eye, which is a small 'bud', that attaches to the edge of the bottom of the tv.

Do you know of a brand that works with the Telus 4k box ?

As far as I know there is no way to connect an external IR receiver to the Telus 4K box. You will need to find a location for the box that has unobstructed line of sight. Possibly get a longer HDMI cable and put the box somewhere away from the TV?

Balls.....my STB's are  stuffed behind 4 TV's hanging on the wall and work fine....hence " no line of sight".  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What about mounting a small mirror just below the TV to transfer the IR signal to the hidden set-top box?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

IslandGuy
Coach

This works with the 4k pvr and every optk box iv'e tried it on.. stereo extension cables for receiver.. mono for transmitter