cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video glitch with Optik TV on Apple TV 4th Gen

Tony1000
Organizer

New glitchy video bug has just started happening with the Optik TV app running on an Apple TV 4th Gen box. About every 30 seconds or so, the video freezes for about 5 seconds, then will unfreeze and race "fast forward" over a second or so to catch back up. Audio is normal and unaffected. Seems like some sort of video buffering issue. Happens on all TV channels, not something channel specific. My setup has all worked fine for several years to date, this bug just appeared last week or two. Running Apple tvOS 15.3, which I think is latest. Tried restarting Apple TV numerous times, and deleting and reinstalling the Optik TV app from the App Store without resolution. 

4 REPLIES 4

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tony1000 That's a new one. I haven't come across it (yet) but this will definitely call for a chat with our tech team:

Phone: 1-888-811-2323

Live Chat (from a computer browser): https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/contact-us?linktype=ge-footer (type "Agent" in the virtual assistant bot)

Aldegrover
Just Moved In
I have the same issue. The same shows play fine using the globaltv app. It’s been happening for a week or two now

weslake
Neighbour

I have the same problem the last couple days, being using the same set up for over a year nothing has changed. 

weslake
Neighbour

Did u find a solution? I’m having the same issue.