cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ in Browser - State that I need to Subscribe

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

All of a sudden, while I was watching telustvplus.com (in my browser), I lost ability to watch and it says that I need to subscribe to watch the channels.  I have tried removing the link from my browser, restarting my browser, logging out and back in, removing the browser history and restarting my computer.  Nothing fixes the issue.  Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm, very sorry about that. It seems you've already done a good amount of troubleshooting that we'd recommend out of the gate. Perhaps @KHR or @Optik-Kate may have some insight into this issue?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @KC17

Does this apply to all channels? Or just a few? And have you tried a different browser as @FuzzyLogic suggested?

What do you see on the TELUS TV+ app (mobile, Apple TV, Android TV)? If it's the same issue as on browser, you may need to have an agent synchronize your account. I'd recommend using the chat function to minimize wait times.

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

Hi @KHR this applies to all the channels.  I am running on Mac (Safari browser).  I was in the middle of a show when it bumped me out yesterday.  I get the same results on the app.  Yes, I am thinking chat is necessary.  I have read some comments from users on other communities and syncing seems to be the consensus.  Thank you for your help.

Just had to do a chat for a similar issue and the syncing fixed the issue.

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

Hi @buckycat,

That is great news.  I will try that.  Fingers crossed 😊

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

Well, that didn't work so well.  I was told it is already sync'd and that I would need to provide a bunch of details about my devices, services etc. to escalate it.  To top it off my wifi dropped out just as we were wrapping up the chat.  Not sure I am going to continue with Telus at the end of our contract.

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you A-B,

I have heard a lot about needing to Synchronize somehow.  May have to reach out on Chat and see if that can be done and if it fixes the issue.  

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah give that a shot. One of our agents may need to check on something with your profile to resolve the issue.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Maybe try a different browser?

Additionally there seems to be frequent updates to both Chrome and Edge and possibly one of these updates is the culprit.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

KC17
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there, I am running on Mac (Safari).  It seemed to be working till mid-day yesterday and then it just bumped me out of my show and told me I needed to subscribed.  Not sure what all of a sudden bumped me out like that.  Thank you for the suggestion though.  I appreciate the help.

I have been having the same problem on many different web browsers over the last few weeks. I assume it’s something Telus needs to fix on the backend

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that! As @KHR mentioned, you may need to reach out to our team directly to have your profile corrected.