TV for 1 month?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I've been looking around the website trying to figure out if its possible / how much it would cost to get TV hooked up for 1 month. I currently have Telus PureFibre by itself, but would like to add a month of TV for the NHL playoffs. All the TV stuff on the telus site just shows pricing in bundles and on terms, but I do not want terms. Is this possible or do I need to find a different provider?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Maybe look into Pik TV from Telus. Doesn't have a long term contract and does offer TSN and Sportsnet. Or you could subscribe directly to Sportsnet Now on a monthly basis and watch the playoffs on a number of different devices in your home.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Connector

You can set up tv service on a month to month basis, but there could be fees that might not make it worth it for one month of hockey. I believe you would need to pay for install and maybe pvr rental. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Is Pik TV truly live? I currently have a Rogers NHL Gamecentre Live subscription but it has a 1-2 minute delay from live TV. Pik TV is also a streaming service so I'm assuming it would have a delay as well? I'm wanting live TV so I can interact online while watching the NHL playoffs.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

In my limited experience, PikTV is delayed by about 20 seconds, from Optik, but also remember that even within a dwelling there can be a few seconds delay between the primary device, and secondary devices such as wireless set-top boxes. Some have also indicated a time difference between devices such as the Budweiser Goal Light and a broadcast, so I'm not really sure that anything is really 'Live' anymore.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"