cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCM Streaming on ROKU

TheCaftanMan
Just Moved In
Hey there!

In order to use the TCM app on my Roku television it requires a cable provider that offers TCM as a channel option which TELUS graciously does!

However, when searching in the providers list on tcm.com/activate Telus it isn’t on there.

The error states: ”Your provider has not signed up to include this service please check back again later.”

Is this a simple oversight, complicated international process, or a costly contracted premium service?

Or is this something that an exalted official at Telus headquarters could initiate if there was enough demand…

I work with LGBTQPIA2S+ older adults and elders and many if not all of them watch TCM religiously and polling the group would likely find more than half with Telus. I know TCM streaming on all of our devices would be a win for this demographic. What would it take to make the change happen?

P.S. The commercial sharing that you now offer discounted phone service to seniors with financial challenges brought a tear to my eye, The discounted phone service you offer to seniors brought a tear to my eye. You may or may not be aware that in our aged :rainbow: community this is a prevalent concern. Whoever thought of and manifested that initiative, please throw them a nuclear high five from the Caftan Man!

Warm regards…
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The reason you're having an issue is that TCM only allows US carriers at present. It's not a Telus issue but an issue with TCM and many of the other US channels. Not sure if it's a licensing issue, a CRTC issue, or something else entirely. US channels generally don't include Canadian service providers as available partners for online, streaming or on-demand programming unless they have a Canadian subsidiary.

If you go to https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/livestream and click Sign In in the top right corner, it will bring up a list of available providers. Not one of them is Canadian.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The reason you're having an issue is that TCM only allows US carriers at present. It's not a Telus issue but an issue with TCM and many of the other US channels. Not sure if it's a licensing issue, a CRTC issue, or something else entirely. US channels generally don't include Canadian service providers as available partners for online, streaming or on-demand programming unless they have a Canadian subsidiary.

If you go to https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/livestream and click Sign In in the top right corner, it will bring up a list of available providers. Not one of them is Canadian.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If TCM.com is a US streaming service, then Canadian carriers won’t be on the list of supporting cable companies.

TCM is, of course, available on your Optik subscription.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"