cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos Beam and Telus box?

Briguy
Neighbour
I’m thinking about buying a Sonos Beam for my Sony Bravia but am concerned about seeing older comments that the Telus box won’t support the ARC cable. Has anyone had success with this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which Telus box do you have? None of the ones I have include an ARC port on them. The 4K one might but I don't have that box so I can't say for sure. I believe if your TV supports ARC you should be able to connect the speakers to the ARC output on the TV itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which Telus box do you have? None of the ones I have include an ARC port on them. The 4K one might but I don't have that box so I can't say for sure. I believe if your TV supports ARC you should be able to connect the speakers to the ARC output on the TV itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk wrote:

I believe if your TV supports ARC you should be able to connect the speakers to the ARC output on the TV itself.

This was the process I used to successfully connect my sound bar / subwoofer to my TV.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for your response. I have an older box, so I guess I'm out of luck. Yes, I might be able to connect directly to the TV, but then I wouldn't be able to access any of my recorded programs or cable channels, I guess. I'll just have to stick with my old but effective surround-sound system for now.

BJM2014
Friendly Neighbour
You can still use an older TV that doesn’t have ARC. I just did this and you use digital audio out from your TV for sound, the beam comes with the adapter. You lose some functionality but I didn’t want to buy a new TV.

Thanks for your comment. Did you connect the Sonos Beam to your Telus PVR? That’s my issue. I think I can connect it directly to my TV, but then I’m concerned there will be a slight time lag, making the audio out of sync with the picture. So I’d rather go through the PVR, but I guess that’s not possible. I might just have to bring a Beam home and see how it goes.

BJM2014
Friendly Neighbour
My setup is slightly different as I switched to Telus PIK TV. So Apple 4K to HDMI in of my TV and digital audio out into the beam. Works great.