cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline 2 remote not 100% functional with Hisense.

stonehorse
Coach

I recently purchased a Hisense 55Q9G TV (2020 model). Pairing the the Slimline 2 remote was relatively quick after trying out the first few codes. ALL the buttons on the remote function as they should with the exception of the volume up/down button. I tried every four digit code I could find online with no resolution. I contacted Telus support, Telus support walked me through what I already knew but I still have a non-functional volume control. I contacted Hisense Canada and they provided me with a few more codes but volume button still not working. Thinking the button on the remote had suddenly failed between switching TV's, I tried out a new in package remote and repeated the exercise, still no joy.

Having to use the remote that came with the TV to control only the volume instead of the Telus remote is not big deal but I would like to find out why this is a problem. Any suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

While Telus remotes have most TV manufacturers preloaded, they can’t be programmed to learn new models codes.

As newer tv models come out, TV manufacturers sometimes changed their codes and remap buttons/add buttons which require a new code. 

You can scan for codes (see steps 9,10) to see if another manufacturer code will control your TV. If that fails your only recourse is a true universal remote like a Logitech harmony. The database is continually updated and you simplly update it via usb.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

If all else fails you may need to investigate a programmable remote. I like the Logitech Harmony 665.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that.

No other suggestions other than purchasing a third remote to try out? Even the mute button works properly but not the volume, weird. A quirk/bug with the Telus remote, 4K box or theTV?  

While Telus remotes have most TV manufacturers preloaded, they can’t be programmed to learn new models codes.

As newer tv models come out, TV manufacturers sometimes changed their codes and remap buttons/add buttons which require a new code. 

You can scan for codes (see steps 9,10) to see if another manufacturer code will control your TV. If that fails your only recourse is a true universal remote like a Logitech harmony. The database is continually updated and you simplly update it via usb.

Theo13
Friendly Neighbour
What code did you use that worked?

Theo13
Friendly Neighbour
I have a new hisense tv and so far I haven’t been able to use it at all.
I’ve tried all the codes I have found. Talked to Telus support and tried the search function (0029) code.
Nothing works so far

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See my post below, as I've already answered your issue you're facing.