cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording denied on Fox News channel 811?

Niki
Neighbour
I Telus denying access to Fox News? I can’t PVR their programs nor do I have access when is sign in to the app using my Telus login.
4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Blocking recording is typically from the broadcaster's end. It can sometimes even be for specific shows or episodes. Which show were you trying to record? I'm able to record from 811 from both the TV and the Optik app on my phone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I can’t record anything. The channel doesn’t even show up in the Optik tv app as a subscribed channel and the Fox news app tells me I am not authorized to watch and to contact my provider. How can I watch the channel but not actually be subscribed to it? I think I need to reach out to technical support.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you actually subscribed to and paying for that channel? If yes, then there could be a glitch somewhere. If not, you'll need to subscribe to it. If you aren't currently subscribed to it then not being able to record anything from it would be the expected result. On what device are you currently able to watch that channel? The Optik TV set top box?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I can watch on the set top box. I went back in to manage my theme packs and I subscribe to ‘news’ where it’s only 4 channels which does not include Fox I have removed that and added ‘more news’. I feel a little stupid now as I specifically chose ‘news’ because of Fox and was able to watch it and CNN so I’m not sure if they moved it to more news or I just didn’t notice but still confused how I could watch the channel if I wasn’t subscribed. Now I can watch all the news channels even the ones I don’t subscribe to but can’t record on the ones that are part of the original news package. I guess I can this issue is solved even though the issue was me. Thank you for your help.