cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT: Russia Today

Moose
Organizer
In light of recent events, we have seen first hand that Putin has no regard for innocent lives. I am disappointed that Telus still offers RT as a channel option considering it is nothing less than a propaganda channel for Putin. I challenge Telus to discontinue carrying such a channel.
13 REPLIES 13

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

A slippery slope. I don't know the inner workings of what Telus offers but I'm sure some would argue to pull CBC or Fox News (depending on your political leanings). It's in no way required watching and part of the optional More News package.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

buckycat
Leader

The network will not likely be getting any payment from Telus considering the freeze on Russian banks.

starchoice
Ambassador

If you don't want it, don't subscribe or don't watch it.

What a dumb response. I don’t have it nor should anyone be paying for it or watching it. It’s simply propaganda.

Sent from my iPhone

starchoice
Ambassador

It's bad enough that they are trying to cut off my supply of Russian vodka but leave my Russian TV alone.

IreneJD
Just Moved In

I agree. This is a propaganda and disinformation channel and should be immediately removed from the lineup. FOX News is also a propaganda and disinformation channel and should be removed. Unlike FOX and RT, CBC is not a propaganda channel. It is actually a News Channel.

OMG, CBC is state owned dispensing propaganda on a daily basis. Do you even know what propaganda is? CBC is the perfect example of it.

xray
Hero

Moose
Organizer
Looks like the plug has finally been pulled on RT! This makes me happy. Way to go Telus!

bctelus80
Just Moved In

Very disappointed.  RT was the only news source that tried explaining what was happening without the normal shouting heads that are so common on western news that never explain anything.

RT was news produced by Americans like Dennis Miller, Larry King, and Jessie Ventura in the USA about American politics.

At least RT provided to me the Russian background rationale for the war.  There wasn't any lying or misinformation provided.  Merely pointing out events that could cause someone like Putin to come to the conclusion he did.  Something I've yet to see western based tv news provide.

No need to speak about it in the past tense. I am currently still watching it on my TV right now via another platform. Agreed, it's a great channel.  

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

https://twitter.com/TELUSNews/status/1498158294476607489 

Effective immediately, @TELUS Optik TV will no longer be carrying Russia TV in our channel lineup.