cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming slimline 2 to amazon fire TV

ribbertw
Organizer

hello everyone

Having trouble programming the Slimline 2 to the new Amazon Fire TV, no codes found in the manual or in google search. 

And the search function will find one that can turn the TV off (but not back on) can change input, but no other functions like volume etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CJB
Neighbour

As I suspected, the TCL codes worked on the Slimline 2.  I used #1488 - Volume and power (both on and off) work.  I didn't check input switching.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Jonesyno5
Organizer
Hello. Did you find a code that worked for controlling the power and audio with the slimline II remote? If so, which brand and code did you use? Thanks.

CJB
Neighbour

Were you able to successfully pair the remote with the TV?  
My understanding is that the new fire TVs are manufactured by TCL, so I'm going to try those codes first.

shawzop
Just Moved In
Mine will turn the tv on and off but not the optik cable box. I can control the tv volume as well but everything is stuck on whatever channel was on the cable box. Tried the factory reset a thousand times, new batteries etc.

CJB
Neighbour

As I suspected, the TCL codes worked on the Slimline 2.  I used #1488 - Volume and power (both on and off) work.  I didn't check input switching.

pointbob
Helpful Neighbour

Hi CJB - do you have this issue at all? volume ok?

Strange problem. I connected the Amazon Fire TV to the optik tv box and even with volume at 100 it's barely audible. But when I switch to youtube or roku apps to watch programming the volume is fine and very loud. 

I checked the volume controls but it seems its only messed up when watching Optik tv channels.  I;'ve reset the optik tv box and no difference. Any help appreciated.

ps...even when i use the rabbit ears to get signals over the air the volume is fine...it's strictly telus optik tv signals...

its a slimline 2 remote and Amazon Fire TV 55 about 6 months old.

No problems with volume but our TV is Amazon smart TV. Can you hook the fire stick directly to the TV and bypass the Telus box altogether?

Robert Weatherbee

pointbob
Helpful Neighbour

i have an amazon fire tv as well..not a firestick

That’s weird
I know telus has a whole bunch of border line illegal throttles and lockdowns to prevent us using their competitors on their systems. But I haven’t heard of that one before

Robert Weatherbee

Able to get the Slimline 1 to work with the Fire TV, used the code 0029, then held the power button down untill the TV powered off. Set it and then turned the TV back on. The volume works, but in reverse for some reason, mute works and hte TV powers on and off. 

Now to figure out the backwards volume.

No, we didn't have any issues with volume levels.