cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming cut off too early by commercials

eireen
Organizer

The subject line pretty well describes my issue.  Often a commercial cuts in before the correct pause and part of a character's dialogue is lost.  Happens the other way too, where a commercial has run too long and the program is already underway.  I know local commercials are often inserted for my city but there is a poor job there with cut offs etc. too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sadly that is something Telus has no control over. The broadcasters are the cause of this issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sadly that is something Telus has no control over. The broadcasters are the cause of this issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks - just recently switched to Optik.  Have Shaw at my vacation home and never noticed this issue.  Can watch the missing pieces on the Demand channels I guess

File a complaint with the CRTC. I also have an ongoing issue with commercials being louder than programming... I guess complaints really helped on that issue too.

xray
Hero

@eireen wrote:

The subject line pretty well describes my issue.  Often a commercial cuts in before the correct pause and part of a character's dialogue is lost.  Happens the other way too, where a commercial has run too long and the program is already underway.  I know local commercials are often inserted for my city but there is a poor job there with cut offs etc. too.

That's done by the owner of the network channel. It will be same regardless of who delivers the channel be it TELUS, Bell or Shaw. There's no point complaining to Canada Post about the content of your mail.