cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Telus remote

Ozzie6010
Neighbour

I have a Sony tv x900h, and a Samsung soundbar hwq 60t, I want to have the soundbar turn on with the tv. I tried programming the remote got the green flashing light put in a Samsung code got the yellow flashing light, turned the tv off and pressed ok , it says when you press ok the remote should flash Red, I guess that means it accepted the code, mine flashed green not red. I tried multiple code could not get remote to flash red. What’s wrong ?

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are lots of issues trying to get intermediate sound devices to work with the Telus remote. I ended up connecting my sound bar to the TV audio output when an upgrade prevented the PVR connecting through the sound bar.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

The soundbar is connected via earc, but will not turn on with the tv.

Sent from my Evil Lair

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Found this post in a support forum for the Soundbar. Might be worth a try:

Q: Question I turned on the setting that allows you to use your tv remote to control both the soundbar and tv. I...

• A: Answer ensure the HW-Q60T HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI ARC port on your TV, as this should allow your soundbar to turn on and off with your TV.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Yep the soundbar is plugged into my earc outlet, doesn’t work. Funny thing I had a Denon soundbar that seemed to power on and off with the tv but the for some reason the Samsung does not, they were hooked up exactly the same .

Sent from my Evil Lair