cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR recordings are skipping

kristine36
Organizer
Help! Every single one of my recordings just skips. I have to rewind and then sometimes it won’t skip for a few more minutes, other times I’ve just deleted them because I couldn’t get through. I have tried resetting, unplugging and I even got two new PVR boxes and it’s continuing to do this. It also doesn’t matter what channel it is. Live TV occasionally does it too, but on demand is fine.. do I need a new main box also, I kind of thought I was getting one when I upgraded/ changed my package.. any ideas?!
7 REPLIES 7

xray
Hero

Are you watching the recordings directly on the PVR or through another Optik box?

Both with the pvr and the digital boxes

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not a lot to go on. Are the boxes wired or wireless?

You might try following these instructions to reset your Optik boxes:

How to reboot your Optik system | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

They are the HD wireless digital boxes.
I’ve rebooted countless times and sometimes it’ll help for a bit but then just skips again. The recordings are more frequent than live

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suspect a issue with wireless. You may need to get Telus to come out and take a look at it.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I thought that might be the case as well but @kristine36 reports that it also happens when watching on the PVR itself. Network issues won't have any impact when watching recorded programs directly on the PVR.

kristine36
Organizer
Update- we noticed it was worse when using our phones or if the heat turned on, etc.. so now the pvr (in basement) works ok and so does the dvr upstairs… the dvr on the main floor however is horrible. Live tv rarely skips, but every recording makes me want to throw it out the window lol
We’re wondering if maybe a booster on the main floor would help with the freezing/skipping?