cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlander TV series not offered to Telus Optik tv customers?

Amethyst3
Coach

I returned home after a few months away to find this out.  Well, it’s not available in English, anyway.  Rather surprising and it seems like a real step backwards.  

This is an award winning series that’s been on for a few years now and a major TV provider in Canada doesn’t carry it?  Really?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey @Amethyst3,

Season 4 of Outlander was available on the W Network during it's Sunday time slot. Unfortunately it was not available On Demand post-airing though.

Now that STARZ has come to Canada, personally I would assume a change in the Canadian broadcasting of the show. We don't know for sure yet, but it will be best to keep an eye on TV listings closer to the season 5 premiere date to find out when and where you will be able to watch new episodes in the future. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The show is exclusive to Starz which is an American channel that has no distribution in Canada. The show is distributed in Canada on W network and also available on Netflix (3 seasons).

The W network is included in my Optik tv package.  I have watched it in Canada in the past in Shaw Direct.  I don’t remember the network.  It may have been Showcase.  

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey @Amethyst3,

Season 4 of Outlander was available on the W Network during it's Sunday time slot. Unfortunately it was not available On Demand post-airing though.

Now that STARZ has come to Canada, personally I would assume a change in the Canadian broadcasting of the show. We don't know for sure yet, but it will be best to keep an eye on TV listings closer to the season 5 premiere date to find out when and where you will be able to watch new episodes in the future. 🙂

Thank you, @Tai and @WestCoasterBC .  I think Telus did have it and then I was away for a few months.  I expected to be able to catch up when I returned and it was gone.  If they do that with Game of Thrones, I may have to break my contract, LOL! 

On Demand content availability is not decided by Telus as they are a content provider, not a producer. The companies that own broadcast rights to series and movies determine if On Demand will be allowed post-airing. Some networks and producers choose not to stream certain things on demand if they are planning a DVD/Blu Ray release soon as it could hurt sales of that medium.

Ok, thanks.  

I have set my equipment up to RECORD the final season of Game of Thrones...just in case it is decided somewhere that it won’t be available on demand either. 

Oh, I did find a thread on a Shaw forum from last fall about the same issue with Outlander.