cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik freeezes

bmlang12
Friendly Neighbour

Every time I switch channels after a couple seconds optik freezes for a few seconds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Freezing generally comes from a hardware issue or line issue. Since it’s a common issue that’s easily replicated I would give Telus a call, and let them run some back end tests.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reboot your Telus modem wait for it to come back online. Then restart your pvr wait till it’s back online. Then reboot and any other receivers in order. 

Does not work. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What Telus modem do you have, what Optik tv receivers do you have? Does it happen on all Optik tv receivers? Are they hard wired, wireless. How long have you had the issue. 

Modem t3200m , PVR IPV6016 wired and a UIW4001e wireless. The pvr was replaced about a month ago. I 've had this problem for a long time even before pvr was replaced but a reboot used to fix the problem. Not sure about the wirelss box it is seldom used.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Freezing generally comes from a hardware issue or line issue. Since it’s a common issue that’s easily replicated I would give Telus a call, and let them run some back end tests.

Hi thanks. I guess I'll have to phone  Telus witch I hate, the last installer was a contractor that thought sterio and surround where the same thing

Its also doing it on my other wireless box