cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV keeps losing signal after approx 1 minute

FrustratedViewer
Just Moved In

When trying to watch live TV my Optik TV loses it's signal after approx 1 minute.   If I change channels it will work for another minute then the same thing happens.    I've had a problem with my Wireless Optik box lately where it loses the signal frequently but changing the channel would fix it, but today it is happening on all boxes (2 wired and 1 wireless).   I've tried rebooting everything including the router but it continues to happen.   I can play back from my PVR fine, it is only affecting live TV.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're not using a third party router, your best bet would be to call Telus then. Could be a problem with the Telus gateway/router in your residence.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're not using a third party router, your best bet would be to call Telus then. Could be a problem with the Telus gateway/router in your residence.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FrustratedViewer
Just Moved In

I connected with Telus (Liza on the help desk was most helpful).   She did a factory reset on the modem but it was still happening.   She then shut everything down from her end one more time and this time it appeared to work.   It has been working for about 3 hours now with no problems.   She e even phoned back to check on it and said she would call again tomorrow just to ensure everything is ok.   Very pleased with the customer service.

Thanks for taking the time to post about the fix to your issue. It will help others who might encounter the same problem.

I had Telus Internet and Telus Optik TV installed yesterday and the Internet works great but I’m having the EXACT same problem for the Optik TV however Telus support can’t seem to resolve it over the phone. They are sending a repair tech.

Just to clarify, after the Optik TV box has powered on and connected, I can watch a show for approximately 16 seconds. Changing the channel allows me to watch that other channel for another 16 seconds. So in theory I can watch a show continuously by clicking the channel down and up every 12 seconds. Lol