The Optik TV box has separate volume controls from the TV. If the remote was completely reset and NOT programmed for the TV, it should allow you to control the volume on the box directly and max it out. Then program the remote for the TV again.
Then there could be another cause. How is the Optik TV box connected to the TV? Is there any other device connected between the TV and the Optik box?
Hard to say what the issue is without knowing how you TV and Optik box are connected. The information here may be of use:
Likely a configuration issue on your TV but without more information it's difficult to determine.
I have tried the following already:
- muting/unmuting (no change)
- increasing/decreasing volume (no change)
- Netflix, via the guide, has no sound.
- The TV, on it's own, *does* have sound when I go online, so the issue is the box.
- I checked and double checked all the cords and connections (no change)
- I unplugged/plugged in the box (no change)
- I unplugged/plugged in the main wifi/power box in the basement (no change)
- I changed the audio from "stereo" to "surround sound", then back again (no change)
Everything worked fine on Monday evening.
Everything else still works - it's just the sound that is missing.