Optik TV has no sound

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

The forum lost my original post.

In essence: I have tried everything I could think of to troubleshoot this issue.

There is no sound, and the issue is the optik TV box thingy.

How can i fix this?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Factory reset the remote here and then turn the volume to max.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

That didn't do anything.

The remote works fine. There's just no sound, regardless of what I do.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Optik TV box has separate volume controls from the TV. If the remote was completely reset and NOT programmed for the TV, it should allow you to control the volume on the box directly and max it out. Then program the remote for the TV again. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I followed the instructions for doing that and nothing changed.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then there could be another cause. How is the Optik TV box connected to the TV? Is there any other device connected between the TV and the Optik box?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Ambassador

Hard to say what the issue is without knowing how you TV and Optik box are connected. The information here may be of use:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/optik-tv-self-install

Likely a configuration issue on your TV but without more information it's difficult to determine.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

The device is connected directly to the TV. There are no devices connected in-between.

Friendly Neighbour

How can it be a configuration issue if everything already worked prior to yesterday?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I have tried the following already:

- muting/unmuting (no change)

- increasing/decreasing volume (no change)

- Netflix, via the guide, has no sound.

- The TV, on it's own, *does* have sound when I go online, so the issue is the box.

- I checked and double checked all the cords and connections (no change)

- I unplugged/plugged in the box (no change)

- I unplugged/plugged in the main wifi/power box in the basement (no change)

- I changed the audio from "stereo" to "surround sound", then back again (no change)

Everything worked fine on Monday evening. 

Everything else still works - it's just the sound that is missing.

Highlighted
Ambassador

There will be 2 volumes settings. One for you TV and one for the PVR box. Possibly one of those has been lowered or muted.