cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV app issue or IOS issue

Dhelgs
Just Moved In

A month ago I started to stream Optik TV from my Iphone and Ipad to our Smart TV using a HDMI/Lightning cable.  It worked great for the first three weeks but last week I started to get this message on my Iphone/Ipad - Screen recording: Sorry playback is not available when screen recording is on.

This would pop up on my device 10 minutes into the show.  I would dismiss it and then continue watching but it continues to pop up every 10 minutes or so.  This only happens when I am trying to stream to the TV.  If I were to watch on the Iphone or Ipad and not use the cable to the TV, then it works fine.  However, on my son's Samsung phone or our HP computer, it allows us to stream via the HDMI cable with no problems. 

I am not screen recording.  I even tried to turn off the Screen Recording controls on the Apple device but still comes up with this message.  My Apple devices update automatically so I am wondering if the recent IOS update is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is quite possible that the last iOS update caused the issue. Connecting an iPhone (or Android phone) to a TV through HDMI isn't an officially supported feature.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

See the reply in your previous post.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Dhelgs
Just Moved In

For the past month I have been streaming Optik TV from my Iphone and Ipad to our LG TV using a HDMI/Lightning cable.  It worked great for the first 3 weeks but now I am having this issue.  It starts to stream but in 10 minutes or so I get this message on the app on my Iphone or Ipad.  "Screen Recording: Sorry playback is not available when screen recording is on."  I dismiss it and start again, it plays for 10 minutes and then it pops up again.  Even though I have not change anything on my devices during this time, I decided to try turning off the screen recording controls on these devices and still does not work.  Interestingly, from an android device (Samsung phone) or HP computer, this does not happen.  It works fine.  I am thinking this is an IOS problem with Apple as my devices automatically update.  So maybe the newest update is the problem.  Thoughts?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suspect it wasn't mean to work in the first place. You can watch on your phone or on your TV with an Optik TV box. I don't see why you would need to do what you are doing?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.