cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV PVR not accessible remotely

Quai007
Just Moved In

I have used Optik TV app successfully in the past without problems, remotely setting recordings, etc. Suddenly it has stopped working. I can access my account though the app but when I try to set up a new recording or delete old recordings it states "unable to schedule recording, please try again later - error:1-48-461". I have tried for several days without luck. The PVR listing on the app does not match the PVR listing on the box as I was able to manually delete and manually set up recordings. I rebooted the whole system including modem and PVR. When I went to the PVR box to reset my Optik Tv account it says confirmation e-mail sent but one is never received despite trying three separate e-mails. I would really like to get this working again. I have tried logging into my Telus account instead and I can get in to the PVR but it is still incorrect and I  can't delete shows, nor set up any remote recordings. Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, recording functionality was lost when the "Optik Smart TV Remote" app was discontinued. The current app does not provide the same functionality.

There are a number of discussions on this which can be found with a search on the term: "Optik Smart TV Remote"

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, recording functionality was lost when the "Optik Smart TV Remote" app was discontinued. The current app does not provide the same functionality.

There are a number of discussions on this which can be found with a search on the term: "Optik Smart TV Remote"

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC wrote:

I’m talking about scheduling recordings using the new app. It seems to be working again and the pvr listing appears to also be correct now. Still cannot create an Optik TV account though, am just logging in using my TELUS account.

xray
Hero
Setting and deleting recordings work for me. Are you in Android or iOS? What version of the app is installed?

aguycalled80
Friendly Neighbour

Same problem here.

It works on my phone and on my browser at home and at work, but my wife in BC right now does not have a "play" button on the recordings.

Is there something to be done on the PVR itself?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@aguycalled80 wrote:

Same problem here.

It works on my phone and on my browser at home and at work, but my wife in BC right now does not have a "play" button on the recordings.

Is there something to be done on the PVR itself?

That is an entirely different issue than was being discussed. She won't have a play button because you cannot watch PVR content remotely at present. You can only watch PVR content on your Optik set top boxes.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

You didn't read what I said.

I CAN watch PVR recordings.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

No one can watch PVR recordings on devices other than the set top boxes. That feature is not in place currently. Users however can access recorded shows on their cell/tablet/computer if the title is available as Video On Demand or through Crave (if subscribed). Some titles not available on VOD will not have a Play button on them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Irishgranny
Leader

My problem is....all of  a sudden, I can't access my recordings list....says my PVR and tv is not connected to the network...can't watch current programming.  I reboot...same problem...then sometime later, my recordings become available...HELP..WHAT'S HAPPENING???  This has been going on for a couple of days now.

Hi - please reach out to our support teams and provide more details about this issue for troubleshooting!