Today I installed Mac OS Upgrade to Version 10.15.4 (19E266). After installing I am not able to access Optik TV from Safari. I am not able to get to the url at all ... watchoptik.telus.com/#yourtv I get error message LP1008 when trying to access that site.
I am not sure whether the Mac OS Upgrade is the issue ... or whether the Optik TV site is down.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm seeing the same thing when accessing Optik TV with Chrome in Windows. First attempt to login fails with LP1008. If I click retry I am able to get in. This started happening about a week ago. Seems likely to be an issue with Telus given we are using a different browser and OS.
It looks like something is going on from a cache/cookie point of view.
watchoptik.telus.com should only direct to the HTML5 site, and not the Flash site unless the cache isn't being flushed properly. This is likely why Safari isn't working - Apple removed Flash capability a couple of months ahead of the end-of-life.
The URL shouldn't resolved to 'reachclient...' unless you're being redirected to the Flash site.
If you're confident that the cache is clear, I'd recommend re-booting your computer and trying again in private/incognito first, then regular browser.
I'm prompted for credentials and once entered I get the LP1008 error. There is a retry button and when I click that it loads successfully. This has been happening for about a week.
I noticed that the URL now resolves to what appears to be a 3rd party hosting service. When I look at what's on my PVR the URL displayed is:
This used to be:
I suspect the login issues are related to the change. Hopefully Telus will sort it out.
More peculiar things. If I use Firefox (usually I use Chrome) the URL remains as:
I also don't get the LP1008 error.
Both browsers report security issues with the page as indicated by the ! in the URL icon.
I believe the issue is related to a change Google made in Chrome. The error has gone away since they rolled back a setting related to cookies. If I re-enable this setting the problem returns. More info here:
That would explain why I didn't have the issue with Firefox.