cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik On-Demand

Skipperr
Organizer

When I go to the Optik On-Demand TV and click on the CTV Network  as supposedly  all CTV Network shows are Free to Watch and it gives me many series that I can watch. I go to The Voice and I scroll down to Episode 24 and click on it , and it shows that I can Order it until 28/12/21. Before I click on Watch, I would like to know if I am ordering and/or watching the Episode 24 for "Free ," as I cannot find out that answer anywhere on the Telus Website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's still free but only available for a certain length of time. Most on demand titles have an expiry date. Think of it like the old days of renting a video from Blockbuster. You only had so long to watch the video before having to return it. The expiry date is basically the same concept just in digital form. If you haven't watched it by that date, and the title is still available after that date, you'd have to go and start over again if you wanted to watch it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's still free but only available for a certain length of time. Most on demand titles have an expiry date. Think of it like the old days of renting a video from Blockbuster. You only had so long to watch the video before having to return it. The expiry date is basically the same concept just in digital form. If you haven't watched it by that date, and the title is still available after that date, you'd have to go and start over again if you wanted to watch it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Skipperr
Organizer

Yes, thank you for your explanation , much appreciated .. So this Title ie: The Voice, Episode 24 on CTV  shows an expiry date of 28/12/21 ( December 28, 2021 ) and I presume that is when the Digital Copy is avaoiable to, like you explained and it will expire on December 28, 2021. Do they re-post/re-lend for FREE, these Digital Episodes with another expiry date or does one have to pay for the Digital Episode that you want to watch after the original expiry date has lapsed. Again thank you for your assistance as I couldn't find an explanation on the Telus Optik Website with the clarity you have provided for.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

TV episodes are typically free. The only thing that may happen is they'll vanish as the broadcasters don't leave titles up indefinitely. Anything that costs money will show it on screen before you watch the title. You'll see it if you view the info page for one of the current movies on demand.

Thank you . Appreciate the feedback.