OPTIK TV

Tom2
Neighbour

location of the IR sensor on UIW4001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Believe it’s near the Center of the display. If Technicolor is anything like the Arris 4K boxes you will have trouble finding a compatible IR repeater/extender.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Believe it’s near the Center of the display. If Technicolor is anything like the Arris 4K boxes you will have trouble finding a compatible IR repeater/extender.

Thanks. I am just using an IT extender. Hopefully... I will try that and let the forum know.

The IR receiver was in the center, thanks.  I used a XANTECH DL85K as my IR extender. It works great.

For the life of me I do not understand why this equipment does not have an IR extender plug. I guess cost. Crazy.

On a slightly related matter, what I observed was the the UIW series of STBs are a little less sensitive to IR as well.  I have had a harmony hub for quite a while and I went through three or four different receivers including the Arris VIP 5662W in the exact same spot.  Harmony never missed a beat(or I should say the receivers never missed a command).  However, recently I got the UIW 8001 in place of VIP 5662 and ever since, it misses several commands.  I have to press again and some time up to 4 times. 

Tried to orient both the receiver and hub in various directions and so far it hasn't helped.

Initially, I thought it was my remote and bought a better one(ultimate home) and paired to the hub.  No change. Next step is going to be putting a dedicated IR blaster.  Just thought I let people know.