cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTIK TV black out out for a few second, this happen every 20-30 sec

Kurk
Neighbour

Do anyone has the experience the TV cut out for a few second and it happen every 20-30 sec, sometime shorter than that duration, it is very annoying while watching the TV.

Thank you,

Kurk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kurk  Unplug your Telus modem and plug it back in. Wait for the internet to come back “online”. Then restart your PVR wait for it to initialize, then restart any other Optik receivers. 

I assume you’re not using your own router and this issue has just started?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kurk  Unplug your Telus modem and plug it back in. Wait for the internet to come back “online”. Then restart your PVR wait for it to initialize, then restart any other Optik receivers. 

I assume you’re not using your own router and this issue has just started?

Yes, you are correct, it is Telus provided router and this just happen 2 days ago. I did all the the unplugging and restart the modem, PVR and TV receiver after I posted the question, it has been good since I done that, Thank you for confirming what I was doing is right, I wasn't sure.

JDR10
Just Moved In

We have been experiencing the same issue since late July, even though for the first year and a half since getting Optik TV.  We have done the unplugging solution several times over the last few months.  It seems to only be a short term solution with the blackout reoccurring.  We are looking for a long term solution.  Could the issue be the Telus router and PVR is out of date even though it is only about 2 years old. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@JDR10  Schedule a service call, see if they can get down to the bottom of it.

Hi All,

I have Telus technician come in to look at the problem, I was asked to use a different HDMI cable. It has been 3 days now, the black out problem seem to go away, look like is the HDMI cable problem. Try it out, see if it works for you.

Yup, except kinda hard to do when internet freezes during your online test. They can see all drop out issues from their end but we have to find a couple hours out of our day to get in the lineup, reboot,and hold the rabbit ears at a certain angle. 

Really? This is what I get in 2020 for 1$80/month ???