cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No digital audio with on demand content

Ss_blake
Organizer
My Marantz receivers plays no audio if I use my TELUS 4K pvr to play “On Demand” content (but all live content works fine). The Marantz AVR shows “Dolby digital” bitstream but zero audio.

If I set the TELUS box to output “stereo” on demand content plays fine. But I would like to hear Dolby digital for this content.
5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've encountered similar issues with various content on Telus Optik. I got tired of switching between Sorround and Stereo in the audio settings and just run in Stereo. I'm not sure if the issue is Telus or the source content. On the plus side it's fairly easy to toggle between the two audio settings.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

My 4K optik pvr gives THREE options for audio output
1. Stereo
2. Surround sound
3. Dolby digital plus

What’s the difference between Surround Sound and Dolby digital plus ? Aren’t they both digital?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Actually all 3 are digital formats. Stereo is 2 Channel PCM.

The issue is not all content is encoded in a format other than stereo. The audio settings state something to the effect that "if you are not getting sound to switch to Stereo". Most content works with any of the settings but I had to do this enough times that I ultimately decided to leave the setting on Stereo.

If there was a way to quickly change between the three settings I might be more inclined to use something other than Stereo.

Does anyone know the difference then between “Dolby Surround” and “Dolby Digital Plus”? Aren’t they both simply 5.1 ?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Dolby Surround or Dolby Digital is similar to but not the same as Dolby Digital Plus.

Dolby Digital Plus provides up to twice the efficiency of Dolby Digital while adding new features like 7.1-ch audio, support for descriptive video services, and support for Dolby Atmos.

More here:

https://developer.dolby.com/technology/dolby-audio/dolby-digital-plus/