So I'm following the directions (pasted below for convenience) in https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-home-assistant-on-your-google-home-device to connect Optik to my Google Home, but I can't seem to get it to work. I get to step 8, and when I hit the big green Allow button, it simply kicks me back to step 4. After that, it doesn't ask me to log into My Telus anymore, it just immediately goes back to step 4 when I select the TELUS Home Assistant in step 5 - because it already recognizes that it is linked. However, it never shows me any of the devices connected to my Optik account. I've removed the link to TELUS Home Assistant from my Google account and started over several times, but it seems to do the same thing every time. I never reach step 9.
- Log in to your Google Home app on your mobile device using your Google account
- On the app, select the + sign
- Select Set up device
- Select Have something already set up?
- Use the search bar to find TELUS Home Assistant
- Select My TELUS or Optik TV account and login
- Go to your Optik TV and tune to channel 9097 to identify your digital box name
- On the Assign rooms screen, assign the identified digital box name to a room
Sorry to say you are not the only one, I had started posting over at https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Telus-Assistant-fails-to-register-on-Google-Home/m-p/... with the same problem as someone there once had the problem and had it corrected. But it appears to have gone sideways again.