New Optik TV app feedback

Highlighted
Ambassador

First let me state that I primarily use the app to add and view recordings on my PVR. I rarely use any of the other features.

I'm on an iPhone 6S with the latest IOS. The good news is the app seems more stable and I don't have to force restart it nearly every time I want to use it.

The bad news is the recordings filter for TV Shows/Movies is no longer there. I have many TCM movies recorded and I use this feature a lot to browse either movies or shows. I wish this was also available on the PVR.

I would prefer less real estate for the show thumbnails and more room for the actual text information which is what I need to make good use of the app. On my phone I'm seeing a lot of ... in the text descriptions which I then have to drill down to see what I'm looking for.

I would love to see more consistency in the UI as if a single show is recorded it shows up as:

Episode Title

Show Title

Date

While multiple show recordings appear as:

Show Title

nn Episodes

Ideally the single show recording would appear as:

Show Title

Episode Title

Date

This would be much less confusing when browsing as the Show Title is always first.

In it's current state the stability seems to have improved but the usability has taken a step backwards IMO.

Highlighted
Resident
New Optik App Feedback Hopefully this is still in beta as there are a lot of bugs. 1. Big blanks in the guide- ie. if something started at 7 and goes to 10, the blocks for 8 and 9 are empty. Too much back and forth. 2. When you click on a program in real time rather than take you to a info screen it jumps right to streaming. A great way to consume data but there is no program info or options to record or watch at another time. 3. Does not save settings- every time I go to the app I have to reapply my subscribed channels. Visually it is better and so far has not quit on me every ten minutes. Hopefully TELUS is reading this for feedback as there is nothing on their web site for feedback on the app. Still lots of things that need to be tuned up.