cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix and Telus TV

Notre2
Organizer

I have an existing Netflix account.  Can I use it with my Telus TV?  Or if I wish to use Netflix with Telus TV, do I need to sign up for Netflix with Telus and Telus will manage the billing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your own Netflix account should work fine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your own Netflix account should work fine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Only real problem with telus netflix is you can't have netflix shut off after a episode of the show your watching. No matter if you change the setting to shut off it won't until the season finishes. Lots of wasted gigs watching netflix then falling asleep. Going into your netflix account and changing the quality from super high(7gig/hour) down to its low setting is the only way one can conserve downloaded gigs. I don't have a fancy 4K, smart TV so the high netflix setting make no difference to me. Telus set netflix up that way and they won't change it. Other option is running a android TV box with netflix installed and not using telus optik netflix..the amount of bandwidth is the same between the Optik and android but now you do have a after episode shutoff ability.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Alter This is incorrect. If you sign into your Netflix account on your browser, select under auto-play “play next episode automatically” unchecked. It will not play the next episode. As shown below when an episode ended on Netflix.

It has nothing to do with how TELUS “set up netflix” as Netflix provides the “app” to TELUS. Netflix.com is always the place to adjust your quality, and auto play. It’s then pushed to all platforms you watch it on.

CDD8C5D7-8F16-4F61-8363-BE16BF431116.jpeg

C5357D69-D939-49E2-A78B-BAAF0F9D690D.jpeg

NO...I'm not wrong.

I was just in my netflix account to be sure I wasn't inserting foot into mouth and the auto-play box is UNCHECKED and been unchecked for eons. My Telus netflix does not stop at the end of a episode but at the end of the season. There is no shut down setting in the optik tv, only the one setting in the netflix site. This has been discussed before and its Telus that set it up that way to maximize bandwidth data in their favor and now with no more "unlimited" data the unsuspecting client can rack up huge data usage from the netflix not shutting down like its suppose to...Go ahead and check your netflix site under playback settings. uncheck the box and find out it doesn't work with telus optik. Auto shutoff works fine using netflix in a android TV box and probably other platforms...just not telus optik. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Works fine I tested it on two episodes both times it stopped and went to the screen below (in my previous post) What hardware are you running? The old Cisco series CIS?

Have no issues on the VIP5602W auto stopping at the end of the episode..

My PVR is a Cisco IPV6015/1305

version 3.2.34263.2425.

Both of having different model numbers can make all the difference to why one shuts off netflix and the other doesn't. I'm using the same box I was given when we signed up for telus optik but replaced the 1200 router to a 3200 router that Telus didn't voluntary do when I upgraded my line from 50 down to 150 down then began to bottleneck the TV. They don't tell you that now one needs gigabit hardware that the 150+ line requires, the older megabit only goes up to 100 download while the gigabit goes up to 1000 download.