cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live 4K Picture/Audio Choppy Live - Fine When Recorded

nype
Friendly Neighbour

Has anyone had this same experience?  Any ideas what the cause / fix might be?

4K content plays fine via Telus box apps / smart TV apps (Netflix / YouTube etc.).  But live channels are choppy (fireplace channel, music videos channel, TSN hockey etc.)

Fiber internet 75. New condo, new Telus hardware, new Samsung TV. PVR in wiring cabinet, ethernet to modem.  STBs connected via wifi (excellent signal only ~25 ft away from modem/router).

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nype
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the info. I guess I will check with Telus re the 4K audio/video glitching when live.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which optik box do you have the Technicolor or Arris? Also there are only a few actual 4K all the time broadcasting channels. See here keep in mind no sport channels have any 4K content currently and is just broadcasting in HD format.

nype
Friendly Neighbour

We have 2 x Arris STBs (model VIP5602WT) and 1 x Arris PVR (model VIP5662W).

Yes, I am referring to broadcasts where the program has a '4K' badge on the guide entry.  Aren't the World Junior Hockey games on 905 (TSN 4K) being broadcast in 4K?  The picture quality sure seems much better than the TSN broadcasts on 901 - 904 (HD).

TSN 4K Channel 905 is carrying ALL the World Junior Hockey Games Live and in 4K.  Currently watching Finland vs USA now. TSN 4K has a handful of Raptors NBA games Live starting January 14.

When Channel 905 is showing 4K content the TSN 4K Logo appears on the top right of the picture.  When broadcasting HD content the Logo of TSN 4 or TSN 5 or whatever HD channel they are duplicating shows up on the top right of the picture.  

Upcoming Live 4K events will be shown on line Channel 905 with a brief description, i.e. The next Live TSN 4K event will air on......

Hope this helps all!

Google TSN 4K Broadcast Schedule to find updated schedule.

Have not found anything for Sportsnet 4K channels yet for the upcoming NHL season.  TSN has rights to regional telecasts for Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Winnipeg and westerners are blacked out.

Minky
Ambassador

No problem with on-air 4K programs at all.  Looks same live or recorded. Also have a Samsung QLED 43 inch tv and 75 speed upgrade (NOT Fibre).

nype
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the info. I guess I will check with Telus re the 4K audio/video glitching when live.