cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys Velop AX4200 (wifi6) system with Optik TV

bmacc604
Organizer

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/linksys-velop-ax4200-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-6-system-mx12600-ca-...

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to the Linksys Velop mesh network above. I connected the main Linksys router in Bridged Port 1 of the T3200M. I am running a wired backhaul to connect the other two nodes (Moca & Ethernet mixed).

The main Velop router is connected to the second mesh node like this:

Main Velop Router --> LAN Ethernet Cable --> MOCA adapter --> House Coax --> MOCA Adapter --> Ethernet Cable --> Second Velop Node's WAN port

Finally, the third Velop node is connected to the LAN port of the second velop node, creating a hardwired MOCA/ethernet backhaul for all three Linksys devices.

-----------------------

So my question:

I have multiple Optik TV boxes connecting via WiFi to the T3200M. Is it possible to take the T3200M completely offline and connect the arris box to the Velop network instead? Is this possible? If I could run the Optik TV boxes off the Velop nodes around the house, that would be great. I've read about Multicast but I am still new to it, does my router support this feature?

Thank you for your time,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks NFtoBC.

So during the middle of the night I decided to take the t3200m out of commission. My main Velop router is connected directly to the ONT.

I connected arris box hardwire via Lan. I hardwired where possible to Optik tv boxes. For WiFi boxes I used the wps button on the closest node.

I am so happy! I hope it stays stable. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bmacc604
Organizer

any thoughts? I am going to try to take the T3200M offline and see if the Telus Optik TV boxes work fine via wi-fi hopefully tomorrow.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Few have had success with Optik and any router than those supplied by Telus. You can bridge port 1 and run the rest of your network on another router, leaving Optik as the only service on the T3200M.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks NFtoBC.

So during the middle of the night I decided to take the t3200m out of commission. My main Velop router is connected directly to the ONT.

I connected arris box hardwire via Lan. I hardwired where possible to Optik tv boxes. For WiFi boxes I used the wps button on the closest node.

I am so happy! I hope it stays stable. Thanks.

I just wanted to check if this is still working for you?

I have been running a similar setup (although adsl) and optik off my linksys network for almost a year through two different router models. Now suddenly the mutlicast traffic isn't making it through the router (10 to 20 seconds of video). Of course this happened days before my scheduled fibre install which I was hoping would work with just ONT->linksys->optik